Flaky Vegan Veggie Pizza Daiya tested & approved
Submitted July 18, 2012 by Vanessa
This recipe is quick and easy, and it's a relatively healthy version of pizza because the crust is light and flaky and there's lots of veggies!
- Vegan (476)
- Dairy Free (including lactose and casein) (438)
- Soy Free (380)
- Peanut Free (408)
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Blanch the asparagus (Briefly boil and then plunge into ice water bath, this will retain the bright green and tender-crisp texture). Cut up the asparagus into bite size pieces.
• Combine olive oil and truffle oil into a small bowl.
• Take a piece of phyllo and lay it flat on a cookie sheet. Using a pastry brush (or the back of a spoon), brush oil lightly over the entire surface. Lay another piece of phyllo on top, brush with oil, and lightly sprinkle Daiya over the surface. Keep adding layers, alternating with and without cheese until you’ve reached the eighth layer with cheese (every second layer with cheese).
• Add sliced onion, tomato, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus on top of the cheesy layer. If there is any oil left, it can be brushed over the top of the veggies.
• Finish by sprinkling the veggies with fresh basil and sea salt and pepper to taste.
• Bake for about 15 minutes, just so the edges of the pastry turn golden.