Mmmacaroni and cheese
Submitted June 8, 2012 by Kassie
It's creamy. It's melty. It's cheesy. It's the best macaroni and cheese your vegan tastebuds have ever known.
- Vegan (476)
- Dairy Free (including lactose and casein) (438)
- Soy Free (380)
- Gluten Free (331)
- Peanut Free (408)
- Health Conscious (91)
1. Boil pasta noodles.
2. Drain water and return pasta to pot.
3. Add in vegan cream cheese, let warm, and stir together gently until melted evenly among the noodles.
4. Stir in Daiya cheddar shreds, 1/4 bag at a time to help maintain consistency.
5. Add butter and milk
5.5) Optional: stir in small slices of bell peppers, diced onions, frozen peas, and/or any other ingredients you want here.
6. Mix/fold pasta for about 15 seconds and then cover with lid.
7. Let simmer for 5 minutes on stove (8-10 minutes for softer veggies.)
8. Stir briefly, then serve.