Get recipes, tips and all kinds of cheezy goodness
delivered right to your inbox.
Posted on June 5, 2016
It’s summer, and families are on the go. For day trips close to home or cross-country jaunts, delicious snacks keep everyone smiling as the miles roll by. And guess what? Just because you’re on the road doesn’t mean you have to say good-bye to plant-based yumminess. Our blocks, cream cheeze classics and slices go where you go, packing dairy-free goodness into every bite. Go forth and discover! Here are some great ideas travelers of all ages will love.
– Bread of choice, crusts trimmed
– Daiya Cheddar Style Slices
– 1/4 cup vegetable spread
– Using a rolling pin, flatten bread squares to 1/4 inch thickness.
– Place a cheeze slice on top of each piece of bread, rolling up tightly.
– Melt vegetable spread in a large skillet over medium heat. Add roll-ups to the skillet cooking until all sides are golden brown and cheeze has melted, about 3-4 minutes.
– Small pretzel twists
– Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread
– Celery cut into 2 inch pieces
– Add cream cheese style spread to the inside of the celery pieces.
– Insert two pretzels into the cream cheese to form wings facing outward. Break a pretzel into two pieces to add an antenna.
– Place three raisins in a row into the cream cheese.
January 28, 2016