Get recipes, tips and all kinds of cheezy goodness
delivered right to your inbox.
Recipe by Brittany Mueller
Creamy dressing, crispy breaded tofu and crunchy Ciabatta croutons make this the perfect vegan caesar to sink your teeth into. Created by Brittany Mueller.
Crispy Breaded Tofu:
1. Generously salt both sides of the sliced tofu (about 1/2 tsp total). Lay tofu between two kitchen towels and place a heavy, flat-bottomed object on top. Set aside for 20 minutes to remove excess moisture.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F.
3. Line up 3 bowls. In the first bowl, add 2 tbsp flour. In the second bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp flour, 3 tbsp water, 2 tbsp canola oil, and 1/4 tsp salt. In the third bowl, add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
4. Dip each piece of tofu into the flour, followed by the water/flour mixture, and then into the breadcrumbs (ensuring that each piece is fully coated). (Tip: use one hand for the dry ingredients and the other hand for the wet.) Transfer tofu to a baking sheet.
5. Bake tofu for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden-brown and crispy.
1. In a large bowl, mix cubed ciabatta with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
2. Transfer croutons to a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the outsides are crispy and golden-brown.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, lemon juice, Parmesan Shreds, nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard, olive paste, and black pepper.
2. Very slowly add the canola oil while whisking vigorously to emulsify the dressing. Pause as needed to make sure that all the oil is whisked in before adding more. The dressing will thicken as you go. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Assembling the Caesar Salad:
1. Cut the crispy tofu into slices.
2. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with enough Caesar dressing to coat. Add more dressing to taste.
3. Top with crispy tofu, croutons, and Daiya Parmesan Shreds.
4. Season with cracked black pepper and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Brittany Mueller is a Canadian recipe developer and food photographer. Find her, and more delicious vegan recipes, at I Love Vegan.
No matter how you eat, we have a variety of plant‑based, dairy‑free, allergen‑free food and ingredients for you to delight in.