Get recipes, tips and all kinds of cheezy goodness
delivered right to your inbox.
1. Combine chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. If desired, add more jalapeño and/or cilantro. Set aside. Before serving, taste and adjust the amount of lime juice and salt.
Vegan Taco Beef:
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. In the pan, mix vegan beef crumbles, flour, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir in the water and then push the mixture to one side of the pan.
2. Add the oil to the other side of the pan and let it heat up for 1 minute. Stir the beef mixture into the hot oil and cook for 5-10 minutes, occasionally breaking up the beef as it browns. Once the taco beef is thoroughly browned and no longer sticks together, remove it from the pan and set aside.
Double Decker Tacos:
1. Heat refried beans using stovetop or microwave. Stovetop method: heat beans in a small, covered pot over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are heated through (about 5 minutes). Microwave method: heat beans in a covered, microwave-safe dish for 1 minute. If needed, microwave for an extra 15 seconds at a time, until beans are heated through.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Wrap stack of soft tortillas in foil or parchment paper and place them on a baking sheet. On the same baking sheet, arrange taco shells so they are slightly separated but still overlapping. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until taco shells are hot and just beginning to brown.
3. Evenly spread each soft tortilla with 2 tbsp refried beans. Fold a soft tortilla around each taco shell with the refried beans holding them together.
4. Fill each double decker taco with 1/4 cup vegan taco beef and 2 tbsp Mexican 4 Cheeze Shreds. Serve tacos with salsa fresca, sliced avocado, and any additional toppings.
No matter how you eat, we have a variety of plant‑based, dairy‑free, allergen‑free food and ingredients for you to delight in.