Get recipes, tips and all kinds of cheezy goodness
delivered right to your inbox.
1. Heat 1 T vegan butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
2. Cook onion, bell peppers, and garlic for 3 minutes.
3. Add remaining 2 T butter to the pot and add the corn starch. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add beer in small increments, mixing smooth after each addition.
5. Add the cream cheese to the mixture and stir until it is melted.
6. Gradually add cream to mixture, mixing smooth after each addition. You may want to use a whisk at this point.
7. Add seasonings, and Daiya cheese and stir until thickened. If soup is too thick, add more creamer or a dairy free milk of choice.
This dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan recipe has been adapted by Baker Bettie. It's tasty and a touch spicy – enjoy!