Get recipes, tips and all kinds of cheezy goodness
delivered right to your inbox.
Recipe by Samantha Gutmanis
1. Preheat grill or oven to 425° F. If using oven, line a baking sheet with foil and top with an oven-proof rack.
2. Place ¼ cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add panko and cook for 5 minutes or until panko is golden brown. Set aside.
3. While panko is crisping, mix together ½ cup vegan mayonnaise with 2 tbsp hot sauce in a shallow dish.
4. Placing the cauliflower stem down flush on a cutting board and cut cauliflower in half. From each interior cauliflower half, cut ½” of cauliflower to form a “cauliflower steak”. Carefully trim leaves from stem without breaking the stem or cauliflower steak. Set 2 cauliflower steaks aside. Reserve remaining portions of cauliflower for another use.
5. Carefully take the 2 cauliflower steaks and dredge them in the mayonnaise mixture, being sure to fully coat. Then dredge in crisped panko fully covering cauliflower in panko.
6. Carefully place coated cauliflower steaks on the grill or on rack for the oven. Cook for 8 minutes on the first side and flip, cooking for another 8 minutes on the second \side.
7. While cauliflower steaks are cooking, mix together remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil and ½ cup hot sauce in a shallow dish. When cauliflower is done, carefully dredge in hot sauce mixture and return to the grill / oven for 4-5 minutes more.
8. In a small bowl, mix together remaining 2 tbsp mayonnaise with chopped dill (if using). Spread dill mayonnaise mixture on (toasted) buns.
9. Remove cauliflower from grill / oven and place on buns. Top with optional garnishes if desired.
Samantha Gutmanis is a mom with 3 young daughters, a wife, and a foodie trying to keep her head above water with simple, delicious, and nutritious food. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, I can be found on IG at @MyKitchenLove. I'd love to hear from you!
No matter how you eat, we have a variety of plant‑based, dairy‑free, allergen‑free food and ingredients for you to delight in.